This privacy notice is subject to ongoing review and change.
Last updated: 6/12/2020
The website Nebu-Flow.com is owned by the company Acu-Flow Limited (trading as Nebu~Flow)
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including if you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact email@example.com
Or write to: Acu-Flow Limited, 11 The Square, University Avenue, Glasgow, G12 8QQ
This privacy notice sets out how Acu-Flow uses and protects personal information that you give Acu-Flow when you visit or use Acu-Flow websites and other services that refer or link to this privacy notice. This also applies to introductions in a business context and share contact information. This privacy notice may be supplemented by additional privacy statements, terms or notices provided to you.
We are committed to preserving your privacy.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
General: We may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- From you directly, following meetings in a business context (face to face, attendance at Acu-Flow meetings or events, email, mail or telephone)
- From data that you provide online via Acu-Flow online forms (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc.), online surveys you reply to or requests by email or by website sign up form to subscribe to the Acu-Flow newsletter
- From your interaction with and use of online services including the Acu-Flow website, Twitter and LinkedIn feeds
- If you contact Acu-Flow, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Emails you send to us will be held on the Acu-Flow administration system accessible to Acu-Flow staff only
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Organisation or academic institution you are associated with
- Contact information such as an email address, postal address or telephone number
- Demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests
- Your interaction with Acu-Flow including, but not limited to, frequency and timing of visits to the Acu-Flow website and your engagement with Acu-Flow newsletters
- Details of your visits to the Acu-Flow website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
Who we shar
e your data with
We will not share your data with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Legal Grounds for Processing
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal data when we have legal grounds for doing so. The common grounds will be:
We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests. You have the right to object to this processing. When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law)
These legitimate interests are (i) Reasonable expectation and (ii) Relevant and appropriate relationship
We have completed Legitimate Interest Assessments for each of the following:
The Acu-Flow Customer Relationship Management System holds details of individuals who have an existing relevant and appropriate relationship with Acu-Flow.
- Existing clients
- Individuals who are already communicating with Acu-Flow about becoming potential clients
- Individuals who are in the service of Acu-Flow
- Stakeholders who have already communicated with Acu-Flow
Consent for Email marketing
You can withdraw your consent at any point by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in Acu-Flow emails or by contacting Acu-Flow directly.
VISITORS TO THE NEBU-FLOW WEBSITE
When you visit www.Nebu-Flow.com, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
If we do collect personal data through our website, we’ll be upfront about this. We’ll make it clear when we collect personal information and we’ll explain what we intend to do with it.
Links to Third Party Websites
As we want your experience of the Acu-Flow website and newsletters to be as informative and useful as possible, we provide a number of links to websites operated by third parties.
Please be aware that we do not have any control over third party websites and that such third-party websites may send their own cookies to users, or otherwise collect data or solicit personal information.
Retention of your information
We will retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably require in light of the purpose(s) for which we are holding it and all relevant legal, commercial and operational considerations.
Personal data is stored on our servers and will remain within the UK/EEA.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except where disclosure is:
- Necessary to enforce our rights
- Required or permitted by law
- Your rights under data protection laws
All individuals have a number of rights under data protection laws. However, they do not apply in all circumstances.
- Your right of access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right of rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate.
- Your right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing: You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because the process forms part of our public tasks, or is in our legitimate interests.
- Your right to data portability: This only applies to data you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another, or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
You can read more about all of these rights at https://ico.org.uk/global/privacy-notice/your-data-protection-rights/.
At all times, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
If you wish to exercise any of these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will explain at that time if they are applicable or not. We will inform you in writing following receipt of your written request and if necessary, seek additional information from you about your request, including proof of identity.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted online or through the website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to take account of changes to our processing and regulatory changes. We encourage you to review it from time to time. If we make any substantial changes, we will notify you by posting a notice on our website.
Your contact details
Please help us keep our records updated by informing Acu-Flow of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details. Email email@example.com with the subject line “Change of details”
Queries and concerns
If you have any queries or concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Privacy Notice”.